Vizio is a privately held producer of consumer electronics, based in Irvine, California, USA. It was founded in October 2002 as V Inc. Vizio's major partner in the consumer electronics arena is AmTran Technology, a Taiwan-based OEM/ODM that manufactures more than half of the televisions sold by Vizio and owns a 23% stake in the company. Vizio also manufactures its products in Mexico and China under agreements with ODM assemblers in those countries.
The company started in 2002 by William Wang, Laynie Newsome and Ken Lowe with $600,000 and three employees. In 2006 the revenue was estimated around $700 million, and in 2007 it was estimated to have exceeded $2 billion. Vizio is known for aggressively pricing their HDTVs against major competitors.
On October 19, 2010, Vizio signed a 4-year contract to sponsor the college football's annual Rose Bowl game in Pasadena, California, beginning with the 2011 Rose Bowl presented by Vizio and ending with the 2014 Vizio BCS National Championship Game.
List of Vizio Tablets
- ↑ Lawton, Christopher, Iwatani Kane, Yukari and Dean, Jason."U.S. Upstart Takes On TV Giants in Price War", The Wall Street Journal, 2008-04-15. Retrieved on April 15, 2008.
- ↑ , by Russell Flannery, Forbes Magazine, 2008-12-04. Retrieved on February 4, 2011.
- ↑ , Iwatani Kane, Yukari. Wall Street Journal, 2010-01-07. Retrieved on February 4, 2011.
- ↑ http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2009/12/21/vizio-ceo-predicts-declining-tv-prices-possible-ipo/
- ↑ Chris Casacchia,Vizio Nabs Four-Year Rose Bowl Presenting Sponsorship, Orange County Business Journal, October 19, 2010